CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day 8

Dear Journal,

Today was the busiest day, and also the saddest. The Loyalists attacked us. I ran through the lake filled of blood and moss. I shot the Loyalists; shot them good. I lost sight of Nacio and Lolo, but I tried not to worry too much. Hours later I woke up to the faces of Nacio and Olivares, giving me the news that we lost the war. The sad part of today- I lost my best friend, forever, and will never see him again; the friend that I grew up with, and knew since I was a baby.

Today was also the most important day, because I learnt how to be a solider. Yes, I got badly hurt, and shot, but that is the commitment you have to keep when being a solider. You need to deal with deaths, not cry over them, and just move on. I learnt that I needed to be completely ready for anything. I need to be aware, alert at all times. Anything can happen, and you need to be ready. I learnt how to hate. I never thought I would need to how to hate, but being in an army, you can’t let your emotions control you. I never thought I would be ready, but I overcome my fear of shooting people, and made myself a strong representative of my country. I endured lots of pain and suffering, which also made me a real soldier. We may have lost, but next time, we can only do better. I’ve learnt all these things about how to be a soldier, and now I am ready for the 44th war.

Uno Ramírez

Picture from:http://ocw.mit.edu/NR/rdonlyres/054C2026-0717-43B5-BA8D-7332309CBD98/0/chp_salute.jpg


0 comments: